CP triggers "cannot convert object to primitive value"

I have ember CLI addon which was going pretty well (demo) and then I thought I’d refactor/cleanup and bring in some much needed Unit Tests. Ok well that’s done but now I find myself with a problem that I just can’t put my finger on. Hoping someone can help:

Problem Synopsis

• You can change the sort order or modify CSS binding with the compressed button … works without issue
  • The problem is, as soon as you trigger the content computed property by changing size, style, or mood you get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot convert object to primitive value

I’ve included the stack trace here (which I find pretty much indecipherable):

The CP in question is here: content

The updated demo with things in their current “broken state” is here: demo

Any ideas?

Hey @knysde! Did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same error.

@ksnyde I believe that error is because somewhere in the code it is trying to treat an object as a string in some particular corner case. So I would suggest trying to carefully double check before you perform any string operations such as capitalize on anything. You might find a case where you are in fact not handed a string when you expected one.

To start I would suggest console logging the default case where you are switching on the typeOf(filter) it may be some corner case there. After the default try placing something like this

console.log(typeOf(filter));

And watch for anything unexpected.

Are you certain that filteredContent is guaranteed to be an array in all cases? You might want to have a check for that before you attempt the foreach. Perhaps place a debugger in there to understand what is going on.

You can always try

if (Ember.isEmpty(filteredContent)){
  debugger;
}

Also, probably want to double check what is happening inside that itemsArray.map with a console log on the item parameter.

Good luck debugging.