How to debug `Maximum call stack size exceeded`?

I have just installed ember fastboot within an existing ember 2.5 project like this:

ember install ember-cli-fastboot

I then try to run the server with fastboot:

ember fastboot

But the I get the following error:

⠋ BuildingMaximum call stack size exceeded
RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at /home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:1227:60
    at forOwn (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:2106:15)
    at baseMerge (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:1227:43)
    at Function.merge (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:2702:9)
    at recursiveDefaults (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/index.js:26:12)
    at /home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:1267:22
    at forOwn (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:2106:15)
    at baseMerge (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:1227:43)
    at Function.merge (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:2702:9)
    at recursiveDefaults (/home/pedro/Dropbox/Websites/zatresi/client/node_modules/ember-cli/node_modules/merge-defaults/index.js:26:12)

I have tried deleting 3/4 of the project’s code base but the error is still there. Any ideas how to debug this issue? Where should I look for tips?

I can help out. Can you reproduce the issue with a dummy app and push that to github?

@jasonmit

Would you be able to start with the real app?

The branch feature/fast is the one which adds fastboot support. The only significant addition is the change in package.json where I add ember-cli-fastboot. Removing this line make ember s work again.

Did you guys ever figure this out? I’m running into the same issue with an internal addon. For us, this happens when we load the app in browser (no in node console). Anything in particular that you found useful to look into?

@tsantos83 I haven’t looked into it since. I delayed fastboot deployment.

thanks im kinda stuck in this problem, but in our case it seems to have been missed steps on our part :dizzy_face: i’ll try to update this thread when/if we move past this issue