OS X v10.7.5 erorrs in install ember-cli: wanted: {"node":"0.6.x"}

I have been unable to get ember-cli installed properly. I am on a MacBook Pro OS X v10.7.5. I started from scratch with npm (2.7.0) and node (v0.12.0) as described here: Stuck using ember-cli.

I tried installing both npm and node simultaneously using brew, and separately as described here: Instructions on how to fix npm if you've installed Node through Homebrew on Mac OS X or Linuxbrew · GitHub.

In both cases I get the same errors:

When installing ember-cli I get the following.

krp$ npm install ember-cli

npm WARN engine makeerror@1.0.10: wanted: {“node”:“0.6.x”} (current: {“node”:“0.12.0”,“npm”:“2.7.0”})

npm WARN engine tmpl@1.0.3: wanted: {“node”:“0.6.x”} (current: {“node”:“0.12.0”,“npm”:“2.7.0”})

If I try to create an ember app it fails once it gets to a point it needs to use node. krp$ ember new appp version: 0.2.0 installing create .bowerrc …

Installed packages for tooling via npm. EACCES, rename ‘/var/folders/j8/fv300hw16rq64wtffq57st_w0000gn/T/krp/bower/loader.js-29743-mUJVbF’

Error: EACCES, rename ‘/var/folders/j8/fv300hw16rq64wtffq57st_w0000gn/T/krp/bower/loader.js-29743-mUJVbF’ at Error (native)

I must be missing something. Any ideas ?

Installing express is not an issue.

To me(based on the EACCES in the error), it seems as though you may have permission issues somewhere with npm. Perhaps if you installed npm or a module with sudo. A quick google may help you turn up some commands that will make sure your npm folders are using your computer’s user and not root.

Thank you Rob.

When I was first playing with Ember last month I had a permission issue and thought it was solved. Running the install under sudo just now worked fine. ember-data appears to not be happy when I start up the server but I get to the Welcome page. I’ll dig in and figure the permissions thing out it may be that ember-data get’s fixed as well.

I’m not sure what the issue is with the Ember install, but that may not be important. We’ll see. Thanks for helping.