Why i'm leaving ember

Here here! To what @ef4 and @abuiles are saying about more experienced ember users offering their time to beginners. Paying it forward can be a great way to increase one’s own chops and help others along the learning journey.

I know when I was first starting out with ember the moments where someone came forward to answer my basic, basic, very baaaasic questions were really appreciated. A little bit of direct help goes a long way and I encourage anybody offering help try to get it down in easy to digest units perhaps using something like JSBin.

As a beginner I have found trawling through JSBins of other people’s posted examples to be really helpful.

Also, I think more sharing of concrete examples and github repos is always good. I often learn best by seeing other peoples code. And simple git repo with focused ember cli based example is always instructive.

I think if collectively we can figure out how to turn more tutorial examples into polished pieces of didactic illustration of “how to” the ember documentation story will get better over time.

The reality is there are a million different ways to do various things in ember even with all the conventions. And so concrete examples/tutorials are always good.

P.S. @ef4 your presentation at Ember Conf was inspiring. Many “aha” moments for me personally. Anybody else reading this check out his Ember Liquid Fire https://github.com/ef4/liquid-fire really really great stuff.

2 Likes