Can I dynamically append a component to the page?

You can get by calling,

this.get("controller").get('yourproperty');
this.get("controller").set('yourproperty', 'newvalue');

Not completely sure right now, but I think that to access the “another” controller, you need to include it with the “needs” directive in the declaration of the controller:

App.MyController = Em.ObjectController.extends
  needs: ["another"];
  actions:

Is there a way to call transitionTo or transitionToRoute in a view’s didInsertElement method? I searched in the official api about the Ember.View but didn’t find the transitionTo or the transitionToRoute methods defined in this class

You should be able to call this.get('controller').transitionTo() from inside a view.

Thank you guys! In my view’s didInsertElement, I tried transitionTo and the console said that this method is deprecated and then I used transitionToRoute method and it worked! This really saves a lot of trouble! Thanks for everyone again!

Is it possible to jump to another route in a component?

I found an answer on SO: App.Router.route.transitionTo('index'). I wonder whether there would be any side-effect if I put this line of code in my project?

While I understand that this was helpful to the OP, this answer doesn’t actually answer the question and I was hoping for an answer to the original question.

How do you append a component to the view after a user action? For example, I have a button on my page that when clicked should add another component to the page. The user can click the add button as many times as they want, so I cannot hide an element on the page as an option.

If you have an answer for that, I’d much appreciate it.

Does this help?

Template:

<input type="text" value={{componentName}}>
{{button action=(action "addComponent componentName}}Add{{/button}}

{{#each componentNames as |componentName|}}
    {{component componentName}}
{{else}}
    No components added.
{{/each}}

Action in controller:

actions: {
      addComponent(componentName) {