Component use case for dynamic segments

I have a collections of whiteboards. For this collection a tab list is rendered. Each tab points to ( using {{link-to …}} ) a whiteboard. Only one whiteboard is shown at a time ==> I have only one whiteboard template. In this template I have inserted a whiteboard component. I made this because of the wish to have multible component instances ==> one component instance for every whiteboard - model - instance. It was planned that in every component instance a kinetic.js stage object with graphic objects should be stored. But this doesn’t work.

The reason for that is the fact that new component instances are only generated if the component is placed in different templates.

Is this assumption correct ?

In some use case of dynamic segments it would be nice to have seperate component instances for each segment.

What do you think about that ?

best regards

Andreas

Hey Andreas,

You should watch the first talk of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgzN5vGxco#t=6300

He goes into architecture patterns for working with components, templates and routes. I think it will be very helpful for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.