Any resources for learning ember-simple-auth?

I was just curious if there were any updated resources for learning/using the ‘Ember-Simple-Auth’ library? (and possibly the JWT plugin for it.) I’ve been looking for a while now, and most of the resources I’ve found are either super outdated/deprecated, or don’t explain it properly.

The dummy project itself that comes with it isn’t very helpful either. I only intend to use it for user/password integration on my project + JWT integration. I don’t need any 3rd party authentication for it. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stephen Vance did a workshop at Boston Ember about a year ago, and as far as I know it’s still pretty relevant and nothing major has changed since then.

I’m not finding a video, but his repo is here: GitHub - srvance/ember-oauth-workshop: Starter app for a workshop on using ember-simple-auth and torii with OAuth

1 Like

ESA also has a dummy app with all the basic Auth use cases, you can start it up and try to play around.

The Github documentation is basically all I needed. Implementing ember-simple-auth and ember-simple-auth-token is pretty easy. Are there any specific question that you need to get answered?

An end-to-end-tutorial for this would be extremely helpful, but I guess one thing I was missing the first time I tried to use ESA was that for auth with external OAuth2 providers (Github, facebook, google, …) you also need to do some backend stuff. And as we know, the backend to your Ember app could be anything…