Can you guys please weight on Flutter's component-based design?

Hi folks,

I know that Ember.js had components for years and went through many iterations to make them work. Including pretty interesting turns like DDAU and contextual components. Those are years of evolution and hundreds of hurs devoted to overcome real-world struggle and find a good design that will work with user-facing applications.

Now there is a new kid on a block that seems to take component-based approach - Flutter. I just watched their first presentation Building your first Flutter Widget - YouTube and skimmed through documentation and didn’t find anything that would come close to contextual components for example.

If there are people here who are familiar with both worlds I would really appreaciate to hear your opinions about strengthes and weaknesses in Flutter’s take on component-based design.

Flutter is a native application tool chain not a JavaScript based Web Application Framework. Not sure what kind of comparison you would want from that. They are quite the “apples versus oranges” debate.