Creating an asynchronous component test with mocha/chai

I’m trying to figure out the proper way to make a component integration test that involves asynchronous behavior. I seem to bounce back and forth between “calling set on a destroyed object” and “wrap asynchronous behavior in a run”. Here’s a Twiddle of it working in QUnit, but in Mocha the assertions are run before the promise resolves.

Any pointers? Thanks!

Got some help and it’s all working now. There are a few different parts:

• use wait() in your tests between execution and assertions, to wait for promises to resolve (import from ember-test-helpers/wait).
  • either use wait().then(... or async/await to block until the wait completes.
  • wrap any this.set('... in your component with Ember.run(

Hi,

Just from my own work trying to get tests to work in Ember with Mocha I would recommend not bothering as I don’t think it’s stable. I wasted a lot of time trying to do it on a few projects without success.

I would recommend just sticking with the built in Qunit as it has better support. If you need a more robust way try out CapserJS instead or better yet Selenium.

I know this may not be helpful but I spent a lot of time trying to get this working well and failed,

Pete

I’m able to test everything in my async components now with mocha. If there’s something specific you weren’t able to get working I’d be happy to look at it.