Delay before clicking triggers action

I have a number of places where I have <button {{action foo}}> and it normally works fine. But occasionally when users are clicking fast and the view just rendered, clicking does not trigger the action. They end up waiting a second or two, realizing nothing has happened, and then clicking again. And it works fine. But it can be pretty confusing to people. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I’m on RC5.1. Not sure this has a specific answer so I didn’t ask on Stack Overflow. But if anyone has run into this or could point me in the right direction in the source, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

I believe that ui events/actions are ignored while performing a current event/action. I swore I read that somewhere, but I can’t remember where, or I’d give you a link. I can see where it is a bit of an issue though, it’s not like you can disable the ui button using the ember logic, and re-enable it after the view’s been rendered (since it will disable and enable within the same run loop essentially always looking on). I haven’t found a very good solution for disabling buttons while something is re-rendering as of yet.

1 Like

This is definitely odd. Unfortunately, I don’t know how much I can tell you unless you can manage to re-create it in a JSFiddle/Bin. Is there anything special going on around the rendering?