There should be some kind of support for routes/states that can be dynamically appended to the current route stack. For example, a modal that can appear over any of your child routes that augments the URL to save the modal state.
A use case/example:
- You have a master-detail setup
- Within the detail you have many nested routes and resources
- The master sidebar is constant
- You can launch a settings modal from the sidebar.
- This modal state can appear over any of those nested detail routes/states
- I can link to this modal being displayed over this specific context (think google chrome settings modals).
This could either be implemented as part of a query string api, or built into the current routing system so that ‘/settings’, for example, can be appended dynamically to any of the existing routes. I believe the current working solution would be to subclass resource to ensure a given route is always available, but I bet we could at least have an api to make this cleaner and more versatile.