Ember paper - need some help

Hi, I’m just beginning with ember so some things are not completely clear to me. I’m using ember paper https://github.com/miguelcobain/ember-paper/ and don’t know how to do two things:

1. I need to create a validation rule to check if input password and input repeatPassword are equal
  2. When I submit the form and clear the inputs via this.set(‘newUser’, {}) the validation messages appear - Required field or At least X characters… but it shouldn’t.

I really appreciate your help, thanks

Hi @erzzo! Welcome to the Ember Community! It’s great to have you.

I am going to assume that you are using ember-paper@0.2.12. One approach for your scenario is to use a custom validation property on {{paper-input}} that checks if anything is defined for the password as a part of the validation logic:

Template

{{paper-input value=password}}
{{paper-input value=repeatPassword customValidation=hasMatchingPasswordError}}

Controller

import Ember from 'ember';
const { computed } = Ember;

export default Ember.Controller.extend({
  newUser: computed(function(){
    return Ember.Object.create({
      password: null
    })
  }),
  password: computed.alias('newUser.password'),
  repeatPassword: null, // initial value
  hasMatchingPasswordError: computed('password', 'repeatPassword', function() {
    let password = this.get('password'),
        hasError = false;
    hasError = (password && password !== this.get('repeatPassword'));
    return {
      'errorMessage': 'Passwords do not match',
      'isError': (input) => {
        return hasError;
      }
    };
  })
});

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us in the #ember-paper channel in Ember’s Slack community: https://ember-community-slackin.herokuapp.com/

Thanks a lot @mellatone, it works and I know now how to do such things. And the second question? After submit I need to clear the form but all required error messages appearing.

Have you tried setting the newUser back to its initial state?

Yes, but It throws errors because of the input validators. But I found a way to hack it, the forms itself does not have a function to do that. But I use now a different library and all is working well.