Fail to build ember.js self from source code to dist

I have some trouble to build ember.js from source code using ember build. If someone successfully build, please help me. Very thanks.

First, I download source code from GitHub 3.5.0 $>npm install $>ember build

then show me some error message

ERROR Summary:

• broccoliBuilderErrorStack: [undefined]
  • codeFrame: [undefined]
  • errorMessage: Could not require ‘ember-cli-build.js’: Cannot read property ‘slice’ of null
  • errorType: [undefined]
    • file: [undefined]
    • line: [undefined]
  • message: Could not require ‘ember-cli-build.js’: Cannot read property ‘slice’ of null
  • name: TypeError
  • nodeAnnotation: [undefined]
  • nodeName: [undefined]
  • originalErrorMessage: [undefined]
  • stack: TypeError: Could not require ‘ember-cli-build.js’: Cannot read property ‘slice’ of null at buildFromParts (/Users/wayne/Projects/ember.js-3.5.0/broccoli/build-info.js:80:22) at Object.buildInfo (/Users/wayne/Projects/ember.js-3.5.0/broccoli/build-info.js:23:19) at Object. (/Users/wayne/Projects/ember.js-3.5.0/broccoli/version.js:3:53) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30) at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32) at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)

And I have another question, how do I get a ES3 js version. -_-…

1 Like

Try following the instructions that are written here.

If that doesn’t help, consider the warning that you pasted above about the node version and try changing that.

The last Ember version that supported ES3 was Ember 1.13. We had an RFC and a lot of community discussion and dropped it at Ember 2.0.

The benefit of some un-transpilable ES5 features (particularly defineProperty) was so great that we couldn’t justify the expense of supporting browsers that aren’t even supported by their own vendor anymore.

1 Like