How to find relationships of any arbitrary ember-data model?

Is there a way to programmatically determine the relationships of an arbitrary ember-data model?

For example:

# basket
import DS from 'ember-data';
export default DS.Model.extend({
  fruits: DS.hasMany('fruit');
});

Is there an Ember way to get to fruits without knowing the model was basket beforehand?

What are you trying to achieve?

Do you just want to load fruit into the store independently of basket? If so you could load a bunch of models on a single route with RSVP.hash

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve: Regardless of incoming model, if it has relations, I want to know about it and iteration through those relations. So given the example above, it could be a basket of fruits, a container of vehicles or a handful of gems. I don’t care what the model is; I just want to know if the said model has hasMany or belongsTo relations within itself.

IF what you want is for Basket to have many items, and those items could be fruit, meat, etc, you are looking for a polymorphic relationship.

import DS from 'ember-data';
export default DS.Model.extend({
  items: DS.hasMany('item', { polymorphic: true });
});

http://www.toptal.com/emberjs/a-thorough-guide-to-ember-data (search for ‘polymorphic’)

IF you literally mean you want to hit an API endpoint, and it’s going to send you random model definitions that you will parse client-side then I’m pretty sure Ember Data will not help you. I’m sure it can be done, in fact, I could probably think of how to do it but it falls way outside of what Ember data was designed to do, which is to provide a useful abstraction layer for fetching data through standard RESTful APIs.

Hey, sorry. I think the way I explained it might have caused some confusion. And thanks for your replies.

Somewhere else in the application, a model is passed as an argument like to a method to be processed like so:

fetchContent: function(model) {
    // go through the model's relationships, whatever they are, access their content
    let relationships = model._internalModel._relationships;
    relationships.forEach(function(relationship) {...});
  }

The obvious caveat is that the fetchContent method above doesn’t know what the model is going to be ahead of time. And that model could be a number of different types of models. So I can’t just blindly say model.get('fruits') because model might not be basket.

So the original question was: Instead of accessing an unknown number and unknown type of relationships by using model._internalModel._relationships, is there a more Ember way to do this?

Thanks.