How to store.createRecord().save() without immediately effecting the client side instance?

Ember store.createRecord() insert the record immediately into store. It have huge problem when the record is a Real-time shared table on the server , IE , real-time / chat/ shared document. the long running EventSource/Websocket is updating the store in behind when new data is arrived, so it is not necessary for createRecord/DeleteRecord/updateRecord to effect immediately at local store. When multi-users are chatting , it screwed the ordering and sync.

Any way to make it so create/delete/update do not effect client-side data store , unless pushed by long running service ? while using createRecord/deleteRecord/updateRecord with save ?

Not sure I completely understand the question but it sounds like you could just filter out records where isNew is true.

Edit: if you are using .save() then surely you have created the record on the server so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want it to show? I guess a hack workaround would be to filter out records where the id is greater than X (assuming you have an id available on your records).

@ricky1981 I found filtering by isNew is not ok , because it is no longer isNew when ```POST`` is successful. In real-time message queues , the long running service of websocket/EventSource is the one pushing to the client side store. I want to skip pushing data to client store when createRecord() is done.

I’ve handled cases like this by using store methods only for data retrieval while calling my api directly for anything I don’t want to update the local store, eg. this.get('ajax').post('https://api.mine.com/my-models', { data: { foo: 'bar' } }) instead of this.store.createRecord('my-model', { foo: 'bar' }).save().

This assumes you’re also using ember ajax and that you’ve injected it, Ember.inject.service('ajax'), in whatever context you need it. Otherwise you can build your own XMLHttpRequest.

Thanks a lot. But avoding createRecord/and every update functions , actually defeats the purpose of using Emberjs because ember-data is very powerful.

here is my current solution. i think there are much proper ways to do so.