HTMLBars custom if helper

Hello,

I’m currently migrating a large code base to HTMLBars. I’m currently having trouble with a custom if helper I wrote.

{{#each arrayItem in controller.arrayOfItems}}
    !!{{arrayItem.label}}!!
    <br/>
    {{#ifUserCanDisplayView arrayItem.value}}
        **{{arrayItem.label}}**
    {{/ifUserCanDisplayView}}
{{/each}}

Ember.HTMLBars.helper('ifCustom', function(params, hash, options, env) {
    if(1) 
        return options.template.render(this, env, options.morph.contextualElement);
});

Actually, the generated html contains the part inside the if, but I cannot access anymore to the variable arrayItem.

So this is basically what I get:

!!labelX!!
!!labelY!!

Does anybody knows how it is possible with HTMLBars to bind the context outside the if helper inside it too? I’m quite lost with the new API… :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Would be easier to help if you provided a simple JSBin. Would you mind whipping one together?

You can use JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging as a starting point if you’d like…

Hello,

Thank you for your answer!

I prepared a JSBin : JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

I actually realized I was using the prod version. With the debug version, there is one error message, but no html generated.

“Error: Assertion Failed: makeBoundHelper generated helpers do not support use with blocks”

I don’t know what are my options to pass through this problem. I saw that there are only BoundHelpers and ViewHelpers by inspecting Ember.HTMLBars object, but I can’t find an easy way to get some more information about it… :confused:

See the bottom of the page http://emberjs.com/api/classes/Ember.Handlebars.html#method_makeBoundHelper

USE WITH BLOCKS NOT SUPPORTED

I believe you need to use a computed property

Correct. You need to use Ember.HTMLBars.registerHelper (note this is not bound so you have to subscribe and rerender when input param changes).