A few of the benefits I can imagine:
- quicker asset builds and faster deploys (no need to deploy rails app if only JS changes!),
- JS tests shouldn’t need much configuration and work out of the box,
- es6 ready
- generators/addons etc
- Separation of Concerns bla bla bla
A few of the downsides/unknowns from my initial investigation:
- how to include extra stuff in the initial index.html page load, for example I’m currently relying on rails injecting a load of JSON model data into the HTML which I
pushPayloadinto the store when my app first boots to prevent XHR requests later - how would this work with
ember serverin dev mode?
- not sure how I would setup full stack integration tests testing real backend endpoints (something which was relatively simple with the teaspoon/ember-rails setup)
Anyone got any ideas for how to solve the issues I mentioned?