Is Ember for me?

Let me explain : I have the core of my app which is a REST api. It handles data verification (โ€œis the email field an email ?โ€ etc.) and responds with JSON, caches responses etc.

I want to build the user front end (forms, displaying data and styling it with CSS, etc).

Is Ember for me ? I still have a hard time fully understanding what Ember is :slight_smile: Is anyone in this situation ?

Subsidiary question : as it is javascript code, is all the ember calculation done by the client ? Meaning : can I host the front end on a โ€œweakโ€ server or heroku dyno ?

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

I think the short answer is yes. But it also depends on what kind of application you want to build, is it a content heavy web app or a highly interactive application? My sense is that ember is more geared towards the latter.

Basically it is a social blogging application.

Yes, ember is perfect for building rich clients backed by an API.

Instead of having a PHP or rails app render the html on the server and send it to the browser, you send a JS app to the browser and that renders the html, possibly using data from an API.

Additionally you can go and read some interviews of people using Ember.js here http://emberenos.com, that can give you an idea howโ€™s Ember being used, what kind of apps are being built with it, the things that people like and dislike.