Mixed Content: The page at ... was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script ... This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS

Working on a site that I’m assuming was built using Ember.js. I say assume because I’m picking it up from a previous developer. I have no idea how to solve this issue.

Mixed Content: The page at … was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script … This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Do you know what the script in question is? Also I assume you have the full project source for the site… any other information you can provide about it? Maybe the contents of package.json?

Thanks for your reply. Attaching screenshot of error. It isn’t giving much info, just pointing to index. Unfortunately at the moment I only have access to the files through Wordpress front-end but working on getting into the site via FTP.

Contents of package.json: { “name”: “sawyer-theme”, “dependencies”: { “load-grunt-tasks”: “~0.2.1” }, “devDependencies”: { “grunt”: “^0.4.5”, “grunt-autoprefixer”: “^3.0.0”, “grunt-contrib-sass”: “^0.9.2”, “grunt-contrib-uglify”: “^0.9.1”, “grunt-contrib-watch”: “^0.6.1”, “load-grunt-tasks”: “^3.2.0” } }

Very interesting. Honestly from looking at the site it doesn’t look like it was made with Ember unless it was a super old version. The full source might be more revealing.

Either way that script tag is very strange. Ember inspector is (at least in modern usage) installed as a browser extension, and I don’t that host even exists. You could probably just remove that script tag and everything would be fine.

I think this error is somehow created by the Ember Inspector Extension in your browser. Maybe report it here. It is not a known error for WordPress sites but there is a similar issue reported.

The offending script tag is really coming from the server, it doesn’t depend on having Ember Inspector extension installed.

My guess is that at some point someone manually copied the markup out of an Ember app and imported it into something else like Wordpress. They accidentally copied a script tag that had been injected for local debugging only by the browser extension.

You can just remove the script tag, it’s not doing anything.

Weird thing is I don’t have Ember extension on my browser

I would love to remove it but I can’t find it anywhere in the theme files and unfortunately I’m facing an unrelated problem getting into the SFTP of the droplet the website is being hosted on so I don’t even have full control…

Yeah it doesn’t look like it’s part of the theme stuff it’s part of the page content. I wouldn’t worry about it until you have the source. Shouldn’t hurt anything in the meantime.