New app w/ Rails. Same repo or separate?

There are many rationale for this. But here I would say that its not necessary to deploy both apps for the changes made in only one project. e.g. Client might still have the same access-point, but the changes were in the format of response, so we only need to deploy the API side, not the client side.

@samselikoff looking forward to try the gem! I have the same code across different projects now.

1 Like

This is an ongoing topic of interest, and I’m curious where people have gone with it lately. I noticed that GitHub - knomedia/ember-cli-rails: template and build script for using ember-cli and rails together hasn’t been updated since May, while the identically named, but apparently much broader in scope, GitHub - thoughtbot/ember-cli-rails: Unify your EmberCLI and Rails Workflows is up to date. Has anyone had experiences with rwz’s fork?

I’m starting on a new side project and find myself humming and hawing over which way to go. After spending some time with divshot, my toilet is flushing (i.e. I like it a lot). So I may kiss the all-in-one workflow goodbye.

Hello to the camp that works in separate apps:

which gems and which ide’s you are using? Do you have ember and rails on the same domain?

currently i worked with ember-cli-rails.

Best Regards, Christian