About the company
Vero is multi-channel messaging for modern marketing teams. Marketing teams use Vero to create a communication experience that is a true extension of their digital product.
Vero works with hundreds of companies from around the world to send useful email and mobile push messages to over 750 million end-users.
With nearly a decade’s experience in this space we’ve recently launched a new take on our product: a version that sits directly on top of customers’ data platforms like Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and more. This enables teams to use data they’ve already got, faster and for less cost.
About the role You will be working closely with Vero’s small but senior product and engineering team, including other senior UI/UX team members, to design and implement new features and improvements to Vero’s web-based UI.
Our front-end is built in Ember.js and we are looking for a talented front-end engineer with React, Ember.js or similar experience who can both help execute on our product roadmap and improve the way we structure, test, build and deploy our front-end.
We have many challenging front-end components including our drag-and-drop email editor and visual canvas that make designing, developing and scaling Vero consistently interesting.
We follow Basecamp’s ShapeUp methodology and have found it extremely effective for our organization.
- Develop tools and applications that use clean, efficient code, ensuring code quality and standards while meeting agreed deadlines and delivery targets.
- Think ahead and build for the future as opposed to bandaid fixes for today. We aim to balance “getting things done” with work that improves our velocity and long-term outcomes.
- Working closely with our product manager and lead designer to prepare and scope work.
- Be interested in customer feedback, our overall business strategy and use this to develop customer-focused solutions.
About you We’re looking for someone to join our team who can ensure we build for the long-term. You need to have a strong problem-solving ability and the aptitude to consider the big picture when solving engineering challenges.
We strive for elegant solutions that are as simple yet as effective as possible.
We expect that you’ll have an interest in and respect for both the latest technologies available on cloud providers, as well as traditional solutions. We have often found that tools and frameworks tried-and-tested over decades provide the most elegant solutions.
Three key values lived at Vero are:
- Humility. We listen and learn. We aim for as little politics and ego as possible at Vero.
- Empathy. We’re a remote team with people from all over the world. We believe in inclusivity and work hard to understand and support each other.
- Care. People at Vero look out for each other. We work together to achieve tasks, and we back each other up.
We’re proud of our culture and if these values sound on point to you, we’d love to hear from you!
- 4+ years’ experience building and delivering Ember.js, React or similar applications for production usage.
- Understanding of common browser APIs and recent extensions to the HTTP protocol as they relate to frontend development.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Contributions to major open source projects.
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage.
- Competitive salary. We use Sydney salary data to maintain our salary matrices. We pay in the top quartile. We pay Sydney salaries regardless of team member location.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces your best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you.
- Team conference (COVID-pending). We host an annual team conference to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and expand our vision for the future.
- Parental leave. We offer a generous parental leave policy.
You can learn more about life at Vero on our website.