Upgrade from 5.4 to 5.8

It is important to stay on top of version changes.

Upgrading from 5.4 to 5.8 will involve some pain. But if you put it off, upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0 could involve more. Wait for 7.x and you’ll likely have lots of breaking changes.

Do you want to pay the upgrade aggravation price all at once or a little at a time?

1 Like

I didn’t upgraded it yet. I just wan0t to confirm first. Cause we have to check first, before investing anywhere! I want to confirm, is it worth it to invest. That’s why!

My simple advice is yes, It’s worth it.

If you don’t keep current, you’ll fall behind.

There are unknown security issues with ember 5.4. And there are unknown security issues with many of the npm items that ember 5.4 relies on. These exploits will become known. Then at some point, there’ll be a discovery of one or more critical issues.

Then you’ll face the choice of having to live with the known exploits or try to upgrade at a point in time, not of your choosing. And the longer you wait, the more difficult it will likely be.

The best advice is to always plan to upgrade your tools, frameworks, etc. in an ongoing manner. In the long run this will be the least expensive option.

1 Like

Thanks for your concerns, I am surely going to invest in it!