Access request params from query params within a route

I’m trying to do this

export default Ember.Route.extend({   model: function(params) {
     this.store.query('workspace', {user: ':uid'});   }

});

And then I’m rewriting urlForQuery method in a RestAdapter so to build a url based on that parameter. The problem is when I’m accessing query.user in the adapter it would of course return ‘:uid’ whereas I need a value that this key represents. Is there any way to parse a value in RestAdapter having param key? Newer version of Ember does not allow to inject an end value rather dasherized param.

Using this technique allows you to build up the query collection as you want it to be: // content of model(params)
let hash = {};
let uid = params.user;
if (uid) {
hash.user = uid;
}
return this.store.query(‘workspace’, hash);

Demoing code from a phone… !

Passing classes to store methods has been removed

I can’t believe. It seems the issue was in json response from backend. The error message would not help at all:

Passing classes to store methods has been removed. Please pass a dasherized string instead of undefined Error: Assertion Failed: Passing classes to store methods has been removed. Please pass a dasherized string instead of undefined

Hey can you elaborate a bit more on what was wrong with the returned JSON? I got the same error with nested models retrieved from my back-end. Thank you.

JSON was wrong formatted. In fact it is well explained in the official start guide, but I ignored it. Check this reference with expected request/response json format explained: http://blog.embed.ly/post/50012690904/ember-at-embedly-tutorial-models-and-ember-data

Since there is no clear information in this error anywhere on the internet, could you please take a look at my post. I just can’t figure out where this error comes from even with the information you provided me.

The solution here was to use a serializer, worked for me!