Anyone having trouble bundling the canary build with almond?


#1

Our app works fine via require.js in 1.6 and 1.7.

And it bundles fine with almond in 1.6.

1.7 bundles but when I bring the app up it fails with a “cannot find ember” error.

Need to dig into the ember source a bit to see what might be happening, but thought I’d ask around.


#2

I’ve discovered the problem and I suspect it is one that other requirejs folks will run into if what is in canary makes its way into beta/release.

Added to 1.7 was this:

define("ember",
 [ ... ], function( ... ) {
   ...
 });

This define of ember inside of ember screws with (somehow) the define of ember in an app.

I changed this from define("ember", ... to define("ember-int", ... and also changed a requireModule("ember") to requireModule("ember-int") and it cleared up the problem straight away.

I tossed more details including an exceptionally stripped down sample app on GitHub.

My solution may not be the best. There may be a way to deal with this via the r.js config, but that’s not the path I took.