Bizarre query param error in fastboot only

I’m developing an app locally using ember serve and have occasionally run it with fastboot to make sure everything is compatible.

Unfortunately, it’s been a while since I’ve done that and alot of code’s been added. When I tried fastboot just now I am getting bizarre errors regarding my query params:

Error while processing route: category Assertion Failed: You're not allowed to have more than one controller property map to the same query param key, but both application:pagingandcategory:pagingmap topaging. You can fix this by mapping one of the controller properties to a different query param key via the asconfig option, e.g.paging: { as: ‘other-paging’ }`

The reason it’s bizarre is three-fold.

1. There is no such error in ‘normal’ ember (:4200).
  2. The params it’s complaining about are not in application: They are all set in the controllers.
  3. When I first start fastboot and access the app it works just fine. The error only presents itself when I do a hard refresh.

I’ve been perusing all my new code and I am drawing a blank as to how these assignments are making it up to the application level! Anyone have any ideas?

Little more info. I switched on all the logging and it looks like the error is happening in the application deserialize hook. After starting fastboot and loading a url (with query params), this going just fine…

Attempting URL transition to /category/jewelry?page=2&paging=48&sort=new
Preparing to transition from '' to 'category'
Transition #0: application: calling beforeModel hook
Transition #0: application: calling deserialize hook
Transition #0: application: calling afterModel hook
Transition #0: category: calling beforeModel hook
Transition #0: category: calling deserialize hook
[ ] model:category ............................................. searchapp/models/category

And I can use the app normally. But if I try to hard-refresh a page with query params…

Attempting URL transition to /category/jewelry?page=2&paging=48&sort=new
Preparing to transition from '' to 'category'
Transition #0: application: calling beforeModel hook
Transition #0: application: calling deserialize hook
[ ] template:application-error ................................. undefined
Error while processing route: category Assertion Failed: You're not allowed to have more than one controller property map to the same query param key, but both `application:paging` and `category:paging` map to `paging`. You can fix this by mapping one of the controller properties to a different query param key via the `as` config option, e.g. `paging: { as: 'other-paging' }` Error

Totally perplexing

Alright, figured this out. In my category.js controller file I am setting refreshModel: true for my query params like this:

init() {
	this._super(...arguments);
	Object.keys(cfg.defaultCategoryParams).forEach((qp) => {
		this.queryParams[qp] = { refreshModel: true };
	});
},

What was missing was the property itself:

queryParams: {},
init() {
	this._super(...arguments);
	Object.keys(cfg.defaultCategoryParams).forEach((qp) => {
		this.queryParams[qp] = { refreshModel: true };