Could not find module 'ember' imported from 'ember-cli-slick/components/slick-slider'

Hi all,

Is there exists an alternative plugin to the ember-cli-slick for Ember 3.5? In my updated project to Ember 3.5 only my used ember-cli-slick plugin throws an error like this:

Uncaught Error: Could not find module `ember` imported from `ember-cli-slick/components/slick-slider`
    at missingModule (loader.js:247)
    at findModule (loader.js:258)
    at Module.findDeps (loader.js:168)
    at findModule (loader.js:262)
    at Module.findDeps (loader.js:168)
    at findModule (loader.js:262)
    at requireModule (loader.js:24)
    at Class._extractDefaultExport (index.js:422)
    at Class.resolveOther (index.js:101)
    at Class.resolve (index.js:163)
:4200/favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

In my package json >> “ember-cli-slick”: “^2.0.0” I do not know what happens here and why but unfortunatelly the error occurs on the plugin side. I wrote an issue on github but no answer until yet.

Best regards, Mario

The newest ember-cli removed the ember-cli-shims package which provided the global ember import (import Ember from 'ember'). You can (temporarily) add it back so the addon works for now. If the addon is updated (someone already created an issue) you can remove ember-cli-shims again. See: https://github.com/ember-cli/ember-cli-shims for more information.

2 Likes

Hi nickschot,

Many many thanks for this tip. It runs so fare again. :slight_smile:

Mario