Ember Data 1.0.0-beta.15 breaking save() functionality

Ember Data now uses a snapshot of the model when serializing a record. From what I’ve read, I think this change should be invisible to developers. However, using the RESTSerializer, when I request a model, make a change to an attribute and then call model.save(), I’m getting an error on the following line of the serializeAttribute function

var value = snapshot.attr(key);

that undefined is not a function.

The actual snapshot object looks like a record instead of a snapshot (there is no attr function associated with it). Is there a step where I actually create the snapshot? Am I missing something?

I’m having this same issue in 1.0.0-beta.14 too, within the serializeBelongsTo method.

EDIT

Just double-checked the changelog and subsequently updated to beta.15 and it appears to be working for me now.

This is happening to me on ED 1.0.0-beta.15 when doing:

get(this, 'model').save()

Specifically on serializeAttribute’s var value = snapshot.attr(key); claiming that .attr() is not a function.

Any information on this?

Answered my own question. It’s in relation to Snapshot not being injected on beta.15 #2801. It seems to be an adapter problem. Time to dig in!

Turned out to be a simple custom adapter issue for us. We were overriding the snapshot with the object.