EmberConf 2019 megathread

A thread for discussing EmberConf.

5 Likes

I love the quiet room, great idea! Also, the Ember-branded pillows are a nice touch.

3 Likes

Those keynote slide transitions were on point

4 Likes

In her talk before the break, I enjoyed when Kate Ruggeri pointed out that when you’re a junior developer, you often think that you should be writing code all day. As someone who has been at this for a while, it’s easy to forget that feeling. But nowadays, the less time I spend coding, the better. It means more time for more important things: researching, architecting, planning, coordinating, etc. Actually writing code is one of my least important duties.

5 Likes

Do people get to pick their own entrance music?

3 Likes

pretty sure they do, yeah

3 Likes

Are the keynote slides/video/live blog/notes up somewhere? I’d love to see what was covered!

3 Likes

The talks are streaming on YouTube here: EmberConf March 19, 2019 - YouTube

2 Likes

Nice. I’m hoping to see/read about the keynote though. I don’t see a way to go back on the livestream.

3 Likes

In the past someone usually creates a github repo with links to the videos and the slides and notes. Great resources. Usually takes a couple weeks to come together though. I think the full day videos will eventually get broken down per talk but while they’re live i don’t think you can go back.

3 Likes

Hey there, you can find the slides and a first demo page for what I talked about here:

7 Likes

We had to Live stream here but everything was BONKERS AMAZING. The keynote, @melsumner’s DEVASTATING talk on accessibility - and of course @NullVoxPopuli, @jessica & @jenweber’s talks!!! #EMBERCONF2019

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing these, Jessica! :heart_eyes: I’m glad I asked about the slides; it’s a very impressive and inspirational demo for what is possible in a webcomic.

I mentioned as much in Discord, but it’s worth mentioning again: Thanks so much for making my first emberconf experience so great. When I first arrived, I didn’t realize how truly incredible and welcoming the entire ember community is, and that was awesome!

5 Likes

Slides from the keynote are here! EmberConf 2019 Keynote - Speaker Deck

6 Likes

Slides from “Comparing patterns in React and Ember” https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZkFy4JEG8II7OK_rNLGI8M83jjqWFLkJUmKsr4tSY5I/edit?usp=drivesdk

6 Likes

I hadn’t run across a notes repo yet so I went ahead and created one. Think I got all of the slide decks that have been posted in discord, twitter, and here so far but there’s still a lot of missing stuff. Will update once the full videos are posted and as I find things to add.

2 Likes