Example on the emberjs.com landing page does not work!

I’m banging my head against the wall for days now, trying to get a simple example to work! Can someone please look at my code on JSbin? It’s the same example found on the emberjs.com landing page.

JSbin code

It is dependency issues. First, use the non-minified version of Ember. This then shows that there is a jquery issue, once that it resolved there is a handlebars issue.

Just update your scripts with:

<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
  <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/handlebars.js/1.0.0-rc.4/handlebars.min.js"></script>
  <script src="//builds.emberjs.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ember-1.0.0-rc.4.js"></script>

And you should be good.

Thanks Ryan. :smiley:

Ryan, I got the scripts to work on JSbin, but they don’t work on my PC. How can I get them to work?

From your local you can just reference the same files, however, if you want to maintain availability when you are offline you can:

1. Download those same files locally
  2. Start with the Ember Starter Kit
  3. Start using Ember-Tools

I’ve installed NodeJS on my Windows 8 PC and tried to install ember-tools from the command-line. But, I can’t get ember-tools installed. I see a bunch of GET request going out to several URLs but it fails to complete the install. Is there something else I need to install on my PC to make this work?