We are looking for a front end web developer to join our young, friendly and enthusiastic team to help build our online platform for facilitating access to human genomics data for researchers. Think search and recommendation engine and collaboration tool centered around human genomic datasets.
You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact from the code and ideas you contribute. We are looking for a passionate individual motivated in working with open source tools and sharing our desire to make genomic data work for people.
- Perks - Agile and creative working environment, quality equipment, team runs, yoga, cheesecake, team events.
- Contacts - We collaborate with experts across fields of computer science and genomics. Our big support network will help you grow, and you will be constantly learning on the job.
- Exposure - Learn every aspect of how a startup operates.
- Experience - Learn all about the development of web platforms and apps.
- User Oriented - Our apps must be easy to use.
- Self Motivated – You will be expected to manage your own time, to apply new methods to advance a given project.
- Team Player – We are a small team so communication and team spirit is important.
- Interdisciplinary – Some basic scientific knowledge and an interest in genetics and bioinformatics would be ideal.
- Proven commercial experience with front end web development.
- Git and coding as part of an agile team.
- Ability to understand the design components, to realise them and to communicate and work as a team with the back end developers.
Education and Qualifications
- BSc degree in computing or other relevant subject and at least 3+ years industry experience or Masters or PhD computer science, mathematics and relevant industry experience.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position you are applying for. Remember to mention what motivates you to be part of Repositive as a startup with a strong mission for social impact and what skills and interests you can contribute to our development team. Describe what background you have (if any) that relates to science.
Who we are
Repositive.io enables genomic data discovery, simplifies metadata organisation and provides secure data sharing and collaborations through a privacy-preserving platform. Our mission is to maximise the benefit derived from genomic data within the limit of the donor’s consent for data access and use.
See repositive.io/jobs for the full list of jobs.