At Nightwatch.io we’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to become a part of our close-knit remote engineering team and help build high quality products. You should have plenty of experience delivering web products on both front-end and back-end parts, designing efficient data flows and delivering excellent user experience.
If you are a positive-oriented hacker who does not fit the traditional internet company structure, and enjoys working in a connected team of developers who care deeply about writing clean, maintainable, and reasonably tested code, this job might be the right fit for you. We are not looking for someone who regularly switches companies, or who is only here for a huge salary. Our mission is to develop a strong team that shares our values of personal growth, education, compassion and true friendship.
Collectively, we want to bring forward-thinking and innovative solutions to the world. We are a bootstrapped company that believes the future belongs to smaller companies that don’t subscribe to the 9-to-5 corpo way of doing things. We believe that the Silicon Valley era is over, and we are building a business which allows us to enjoy the freedom of working remotely where each of us has the autonomy and flexibility to have a high impact on the world with our work.
We’re offering a remote position and a truly flexible work schedule. We are open to different work arrangements — as long as the work is done and deadlines are met.
Technologies we are using:
To get the work done, we primarily use Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Elixir and Go. Our production code runs on Linux servers and AWS. We communicate in Slack and have weekly calls in Hangouts. Work backlog is kept in Airtable.
- Being well acquainted with good practices of building and maintaining Ruby on Rails APIs,
- Having a solid understanding of modern component-based front-end frameworks (good knowledge of Ember.js is not essential — we will be happy to teach you),
- Writing nicely structured and efficient CSS,
- Having solid SQL foundations, ability to architect, monitor and optimize data flows,
- Knowing your way around Linux shells, code deployment flows, and basic server configurations,
- Avoiding over-engineering and having an excellent feel for combining of what is good enough to reach our business goals, satisfying the needs of our users, and ensuring long-term tech maintainability,
- Help with technical support when necessary,
- Effective and clear communication in English — both written and also on our regular voice calls that happen during CET working times.
Nice to have:
- Experience with highly concurrent and fault-tolerant systems: we constantly process huge amounts of data from various external sources with Elixir, Ruby and Go,
- SEO knowledge: our products serve mostly to the SEO crowd,
- Good feel for UI, UX, and having empathy. You should be able to put yourself in users’ shoes, trying to simplify their life with practical and simple solutions,
- Proficiency in functional languages.
What is it going to look like:
- Developing new features and improving the existing ones on all fronts of the product; front-end, back-end, and landing pages,
- Being attentive to daily operations and system status,
- Finding and squashing bugs.
We’re a 100% remote company, so you need to be autonomous, self-driven, and disciplined with your time.
To apply, please provide us with your recent CV and at least with some of the following:
- Contributions to open source,
- Cool projects that you created and are proud of that you can walk us through,
- A decent portfolio of experiments or other visual material that shows a significant level of caring about your craft.
Interested? Apply now! Tell us about yourself, why you’d like to join, and how your work routine looks like.