Getting Started Guide With Database

Hello everyone!

Besides the blog tutorial already offered here, I’m looking for easy to follow guide that will get me started with ember along with storing/retrieving from a database. nginx server is ready to be used (currently used for wordpress/mysql testing) so hoping it’s just as easy to configure and learn. Would like to build user register/login and post local news as a learning experience.

I am learning also. My test yet without the register/login: GitHub - broerse/ember-cli-blog: Tom Dale's blog example updated for the Ember CLI

Thanks for sharing! How’s your experience so far with CouchDB? Is that a good starting point with ember or is there another type of database that is recommended to work with ember? Do you know what this discussion is using?

My experience with CouchDB is good. I think I will stick with it. Discourse uses postgres see: What is Discourse? | Discourse - Civilized Discussion

I’ll have to play around some more and learn.

It’s mind numbing the amount of different database there are to use and some are not compatible with all the different projects out there. For example, a client has a wordpress blog (mysql) and then they want to use discourse (postgres). Imagine another software that requires a different one?

To the experts out there, how’s performance with so many different types of databases installed on a server?

No one has a quick start guide about ember with database?