Improving minified stack traces ie stacktrace.js

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience getting better stack traces out of the ember global error handlers? We have a dedicated API endpoint where we post client side errors. We funnel everything to this endpoint we can catch using the 3 top level error handler hooks: Ember.onerror, Ember.RSVP.error and Ember.Logger.error.

I’ve tried using stacktrace.js to upgrade the stacktrace via sourcemaps: StackTrace.JS - Framework-agnostic, micro-library for getting stack traces in all web browsers. It’s working in isolation, but I’m now seeing weird side effects, especially around store AJAX requests. stacktrace gets injected into all sorts of callstack references in chrome dev tools, for example. I have added it via bower, and including an extra line in ember-cli-build.js to pull in stacktrace.dist.js.

Lots of 3rd party bug monitoring tools (ie Effective Error Reporting with Bugsnag and EmberJS | Bugsnag Blog) do support this type of feature. Does anyone know of an example that is just raw stacktrace.js and Ember?

Cheers,

Eddie