JSON Rest API Books

Does anyone have an good resources for developing a JSON Rest API?

Rails and Ruby is a + but I mainly need a resource where I can learn best practices and techniques for developing a powerful backed to power my ember site.

I don’t have any book listings for you, but I do have some websites that you can checkout:

“JSON API” is a standard for building APIs in JSON. If you’ve ever argued with your team about the way your JSON responses should be formatted, JSON API is your anti-bikeshedding weapon.

Adapters-based API serializers with Hypermedia support for Ruby apps. Read the blog post for context and motivation.

I had been using Active Model Serializers and Ember for a while, but I need the flexibility of JSON API in my E-Commerce app. We just switched to Oat last week and so far, so good.

As far as architecting your URL structure, Rails guards you from quite a bit and keeps your API RESTful.

How much experience do you have with Rails? Are you comfortable with their conventions?

http://www.restapitutorial.com/lessons/restquicktips.html

That’s pretty good but general. If you want something specific to Ember, there aren’t any. That’s something I’d be interested in though, like tips and tricks on fine-tuning your API for consumption by Ember.