Are you a seasoned Full-stack Software Engineer with at least 6 years of experience and a passion for frontend architecture? Do you know how to balance intentional architecture and emergent design to drive efficiency? Are you excited to work in a complex enterprise ecosystem serving fortune 500 customers in the travel industry? Do you have a passion for evolving applications into API driven cloud native services? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Grow into Switchfly subject matter expert on technologies related to frontend ecosystem, including architecture, build systems, package management, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Mentor others in software development best practices
- Drive both incremental and long-range application-modernization initiatives
- Identify value to Switchfly and its customers as we modernize our platform
- Coordinate design activities across multiple teams
- Choose the right technology for the job based on prior AWS, frontend, and full stack experience.
- Partner with key stakeholders to enhance and support existing applications
- Build quick prototypes that demonstrate ideas and potential in a hands-on environment
- Work with team members to design and build new functionality for the travel industry
- Take ownership of the design and delivery and participate in all phases of the software development process
- Design, write and maintain sustainable and efficient code that can be used in scalable architectures
- Work in a lean/agile development environment with remote teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in designing and building scalable web applications in highly distributed environments
- Expert in the toolchains required to package and deploy FE applications – maven/ant/gradle/minify/jenkins/webpack
- Experience building front-end solutions for cloud-native applications
- Experience migrating monolithic applications to cloud-native applications, is a plus
- Expert communication, diagramming & whiteboarding skills
- Experience with multiple cloud-based technologies, specifically at AWS
Switchfly Core Values to consider for this position:
BOLD AND FEARLESS INNOVATION
Professional success requires thinking big and dreaming big, with generous helpings of courage and curiosity. Nimble and forward-thinking, we’re building the future by challenging ourselves and demanding daily improvement. As we relentlessly push boundaries, everything becomes possible.
OWNERSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Taking professional responsibility reflects an approach that understands the stakes, and how success requires everyone to be truly accountable. We’re visionaries, not mercenaries, and from the CEO to our newest colleague, we own what we do, because the buck stops with each of us.
A little bit about us…
At Switchfly, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot support any visa candidates.
Switchfly offers a competitive base pay, 401k with match, a full suite of health benefits with an average of 87%* of premiums covered by Switchfly! We offer a flexible work environment and work-life balance with unlimited paid time off. Switchfly recognizes a long holiday from Christmas Eve to New Years to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most! For those local to Denver, we also reimburse parking, provide catered lunches on Tuesdays, and keep an office stocked with snacks and drinks.
While we value each of our candidates that apply to this role, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. Please rest assured that we are reviewing your application and will notify you if we decide to move forward in the process with you. Thank you for your interest!
Apply here: BambooHR