[SOLVED] Can Ember-cli deploy to a php environment (like Modx cms)

Hey guys I just wanted to know before I start using the cli to much if it is possible to deploy to a php environment. I have seen tutorials on deployment to rails but none to php. And if it is not possible to deploy to php then could someone point me to a tutorial on getting the file structure setup to work in plain old ember.

You may be misunderstanding what CLI and/or Ember are. CLI is just a development tool, and Ember is only the client-side part of the equation. When you deploy it, you’re just sending up an HTML file, a CSS file, a couple of JS files, and any static assets you have. An Ember app can talk to any backend you want it to, it doesn’t make any assumptions.

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. Yeah I had thought that ember could work with any back-end, but I just wanted to make sure I was right, rather then assuming something and finding out later the hard way. So thank you so much for the response. On with my Ember-cli development! Cheers

As for deployment of the actual ember-cli app, take a look at ember-cli-deploy. If there isn’t a plugin for your particular use case, feel free to contribute one or raise your use case as something that would be a good addition :wink: