Some problems during tutorial's routs

Hi there!

I’m new in Ember, so now I’m reading the tutorial. But I met some trouble - in the tutorial missed one step in “Routes and Templates”.

Is it normal, that route ‘rentals’ wasn’t added before " Adding a Banner with Navigation"? https://guides.emberjs.com/release/tutorial/routes-and-templates/#toc_adding-a-banner-with-navigation

Hi @dmitrij-v, welcome! It’s been a little while since I’ve gone through the tutorial, but looking at it just now it looks like the rentals route is created here with ember g route rentals and then a little further down is where the banner-with-nav comes in (what you linked to). The banner itself looks safe if you didn’t have the rentals route defined yet (it only links to index, about and and contact) but the index routes transitionTo would definitely break if rentals wasn’t defined. Is that what you ran into?

Anyway, as far as I can tell that page of the tutorial seems to have everything in the right order but please let me know if that wasn’t what you were getting at, and feel free to ask if you have any other questions or issues working through the tutorial!

Oh, thank you. Maybe I missed that part, but I did it myself, it wasn’t a huge problem for me. I just thought about other people, who can misunderstand it and asked more experienced colleagues.

Makes sense, thanks for bringing it up! Always good to have tripping points or missing items called out.