Recently I’ve been looking for tools that could visualise:
- Dependencies among components, or
- Generally what depends on what
Having this kind of macro view can be useful for:
- Refactoring (seeing what can be extracted to shared logic),
- Understanding new Ember.js project,
- To see how the app grows overtime
This is the question I asked on jsonapi-resources about possibility to visualise how resources play with one another: https://github.com/cerebris/jsonapi-resources/issues/644. I used railroady for that.
I think that this could be solved the following ways
- Parse all templates (routes-related and component-related) looking for component format
- Make use of dependency injection, or
- ES6 modules
What do you think? Are there already tools for doing that?