Ember data in an on- and off- line scenario

Hey everyone, I spent about 2 weeks trying to get EasyIndexedDB. It turned out to be more problematic than I thought because its designed to be framework agnostic, which introduced some complexities that I didn’t want to spend time resolving. The other issue is poor cross browser support, it would require IndexedDBShim to provide compatibility for Safari.

I ended up using PouchDB and writing a wrapper for Ember. So far, I’m very happy with it. Here are some of the things that PouchDB offers.

• Cross Browser compatibility: Firefox 12+, Chrome 19+, Opera 12+, Safari 5+, Node.js 0.10+, Apache Cordova, Internet Explorer 10+
  • Automatic and continuous replication
  • Revision tracking
  • Change tracking
  • Seemless integration with PouchDB Server( which provides HTTP API ), Cloudant (hosted CouchDB server) and CouchDB

My library uses uses promises which allows you to use them directly in Route#model hook. I implemented all of the common operations GET, POST, PUT & DELETE. I’m working on creating a distributable package and going to be writing documentation this weekend.

1 Like