Cross-posting from StackOverflow since this lends itself more to discussion than a right/wrong answer.
We have a combination of requirements in terms o data access.
- Pre-load some
- We need reference data to survive browser restarts instead of just living in memory to avoid loading it all the time. I’m currently using the
- Once we have it, we would like to
sync changes(polling or using
Socket.IOin the background and updating the LocalStorage could do the trick)
- There’re other models that are more transactional, where we would need to directly go to the Server and get/save them. It would be nice to use something like the RESTAdapter for that.
- Lastly, there’re some operations that should work
off-lineand changes should be synced later.
To make it more concrete:
pre-loadvendor and “favorite products” into Local Storage. We work offline with those.
- We need to sync server changes to vendor and product information.
- If they search the full catalog, that requires them to be online.
- When offline, we need to allow users to add something to their cart or even submit and order. We would like to queue this action and submit it when they have an Internet Connection.
So a few questions are derived from this:
- Is there a way to user RESTAdapter in combination with LocalStorage?
- Is there some Socket.IO support? (Happy to do this part manually)
- Is there Queueing support? Ideally at the Ember-Data level.
I know we will have to do a lot of this manually and pull together the different lego pieces, but I wanted to ask for some perspective from experience Ember devs.