Who we are
Countable drives action and impact for campaigns, non-profits, and corporations by offering a brand-safe platform to educate and activate communities. We believe that content drives action, and action leads to meaningful engagement with your audience.
We are a small but mighty team, and we are passionate about what we do!
Join our team as a Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for talented team members that are passionate about working in a mission-driven company. Being a Full Stack Engineer at Countable is living at the nexus point of civic engagement and technology. You will be an integral part of a small team of experienced engineers who are continuously creating new features and pushing our UX/UI to handle cutting edge designs. You will be helping us evolve our “any screen” applications and websites to the next level. Our team collaborates closely and meets in a daily standup meeting to discuss progress and priorities. The ideal contributor is happy to “unblock” a teammate by helping out as needed.
We are looking for someone that can design and write code quickly and efficiently. You will be expected to build with flexibility and scale in mind, creating extensible and reusable components. Your code should follow design patterns and be easy to use, test, and maintain.
You will be contributing to all parts of the Countable platform; our back-end APIs, web clients, and mobile applications.
- Ruby on Rails API
- Ember.js / Vue.js / React web front-end frameworks
- Native iOS and Android mobile applications
- Architect, implement and launch elegant and maintainable applications and systems to help drive engagement on Countable’s civic action platform
- Work closely with the Product team to craft, scope and implement new features and products
- Adopt and promote best-practices and technology for performance, usability, and testability
- Be willing to pick up the slack on a small team when needed
- B.Sc., B.A., or M.Sc. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience developing, launching and evolving scalable web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (or a similar full-stack web framework)
- Ember, Backbone, etc.)
- Experience building APIs for internal and public-facing use cases
- An expert command of HTML and ability to write modular and responsive CSS
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methodologies
- Contribution to open source projects
Full time employees receive access to a full range of benefits including paid time off, subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance and optional long term disability, accident insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k and other benefits. All employees are currently working remotely. When we are in the San Francisco office, there is a kitchen where breakfast and lunch items are often provided.
We encourage everyone who’s interested to apply, even if you do not check all the boxes above. We value diversity and are looking for you to be a “culture-add”, rather than a “culture-fit”, to our team.
Countable is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We encourage women, people of color, and individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other category that is protected under the law. We strive for a culture of collaboration and inclusion.
Countable was founded in 2014 to give people a voice in government. We publish non-partisan content and offer tools for users to take instantaneous action, such as contacting their lawmakers. We are growing as both a cost-free consumer application and a licensed enterprise business. Countable offers a comprehensive platform to activate communities around the issues they care about— from influencers and celebrities, to Starbucks, The Human Society of the United States, and others.
To date, Countable has driven over 28 million user actions on the platform, including more than 15 million messages to lawmakers. On Election Day November 2018 Countable was featured as #7 in the Apple App Store for News, with user actions across the platform more than doubling, and a 500% increase in sign ups compared to the month prior. Countable is well positioned in this exciting time when calls for civic participation and political engagement are widespread.