Ember cli - multiple developers

Hi,

I started an ember project using ember-cli tool. Now I want to let other developer work along side me and I don’t know how to do it.

What I did, was to put directory “app” on git. After that I installed ember-cli on the other developer; removed all in his “app” directory and then git clone. Is not working.

Is not necessary to explain, a relevant link will suffice. An explanation also :smile:

Thanks.

You should put everything that ember new [app] generated in git, in fact ember new will do this for you unless you specify --skip-git option. Remember to ignore node_modules and bower_components folders, this should be done by default, you can check it in .gitignore file that ember new generated for you.

After that, your workmates should pull this repository on their computers and install ember-cli by using npm as well as bower. Then they can npm install and bower install to get all dependencies to finish the setup.

That’s how we do it for multiple developers, you should better to read http://ember-cli.com documentation for more details.

1 Like

If you’ll be working with other people, you’d better familiarize yourself with the working of git. The official book can be read online here: Git - Book

on some folder on your server you can create a bare repository. Like this:

cd /git/my_project.git
git init --bare

you can clone it and use it to collaborate on the same project.

Thanks guys, for your prompt answers. I will give it a try this days.

Hi,

I’ve done as instructed, but I get this error:

ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘tests’

I am not sure how to fix it.

@ioanszabo just do

ember  new new-project

and then push that to a shared git repo which your collaborators can pull down. When you have all this working then start pulling your old code base across into this project. If you do this slowly and carefully you’ll spot where things are breaking more easily.