Ember serve not woking

Hi, I’m new to ember. I’m following the tutorial and working on a Mac.

After installing ember cli npm install -g ember-cli and creating a new project with ember new super-rentals I try to run ember serve and get the following errors:

resolve_projpath: path `/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests`: open: /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests: Operation not permitted

Stack Trace and Error Report: /var/folders/3g/zl_qdrt95kjbsbwys5y5wmc80000gp/T/error.dump.e22b864f164e291eb5e656d55aee6e88.log

Build successful (8367ms) – Serving on http://localhost:4200/

Slowest Nodes (totalTime >= 5%)                  | Total (avg) 
-------------------------------------------------+-------------
BroccoliRollup (6)                               | 1601ms (266 ms)
Bundler (1)                                      | 1392ms      
Babel: @ember/test-helpers (1)                   | 1024ms      
Package /assets/vendor.js (1)                    | 721ms       
ember-auto-import-analyzer (4)                   | 695ms (173 ms)
Babel: ember-source (5)                          | 652ms (130 ms)

(node:10165) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: resolve_projpath: path `/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests`: open: /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests: Operation not permitted
    at BunserBuf.<anonymous> (/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/fb-watchman/index.js:95:23)
    at BunserBuf.emit (events.js:400:28)
    at BunserBuf.emit (domain.js:470:12)
    at BunserBuf.process (/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/bser/index.js:292:10)
    at /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/bser/index.js:247:12
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:10165) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:10165) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.```

Do you have any ideas to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @eltitiperdi, sorry you ran into issues so early on in the process, that’s frustrating. My guess is this has something to do with your node environment. How did you install node? I typically recommend using nvm as it makes it really easy to switch node versions and also tends to avoid a lot of permission and other install related issues.

Thank you for your reply. I have installed node with https://nodejs.org/dist/v14.17.4/node-v14.17.4.pkg. That’s currently my node version.

Here is my error log:

ERROR Summary:

- broccoliBuilderErrorStack: [undefined]
  - code: [undefined]
  - codeFrame: [undefined]
  - errorMessage: resolve_projpath: path `/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests`: open: /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests: Operation not permitted
  - errorType: [undefined]
    - file: [undefined]
    - line: [undefined]
  - message: resolve_projpath: path `/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests`: open: /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests: Operation not permitted
  - name: Error
  - nodeAnnotation: [undefined]
  - nodeName: [undefined]
  - originalErrorMessage: [undefined]
  - stack: Error: resolve_projpath: path `/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests`: open: /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/tests: Operation not permitted
    at BunserBuf.<anonymous> (/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/fb-watchman/index.js:95:23)
    at BunserBuf.emit (events.js:400:28)
    at BunserBuf.emit (domain.js:470:12)
    at BunserBuf.process (/Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/bser/index.js:292:10)
    at /Users/tiagoperdigao/Desktop/Coding/super-rentals/node_modules/bser/index.js:247:12
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)

Solved. Just had to upgrade python to the latest version.