Minor issue with Guide for v.2.18.0

Guide for v.2.18.0 Section: Tutorial / Creating a Handlebars Helper / Integration Test

For test: “it renders correctly for a Standalone rental” Lines to add (in green) should be: test(‘it renders correctly for a Standalone rental’, function(assert) { AND assert.equal(this.$().text().trim(), ‘Standalone’);

Lines to remove (in red) should be: assert.equal(this.$().text().trim(), ‘1234’);

Thank you for putting up the guide!

1 Like

Hey @ck7 thanks for letting us know about this issue :tada:

I’m wondering if you are interested in making this change yourself? Have you had much experience contributing to the guides? I can help walk you through this one if that helps :slight_smile:

I suspect it’s a tiny change so it might even be possible to change directly on Github, I don’t know if you noticed it but there is a pencil icon on the top right of the guide that should drop you in to the editor of the exact page you need to edit.

Let me know if you would like some more help :+1:

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. I have never edited a mark-down file before. So here is the change I made on github after clicking the pencil icon. Hopefully that makes the expected change (I am not sure how to review it)

From: -```javascript {data-filename=“tests/integration/helpers/rental-property-type-test.js” data-diff=“-9,-10,-11,-17,+12,+13,+18,+21,+22,+23,+24,+25,+26,+27”}

To: +```javascript {data-filename=“tests/integration/helpers/rental-property-type-test.js” data-diff=“-9,-10,+11,-16, +17,+12,+13,+18,+21,+22,+23,+24,+25,+26,+27”}

Thank you

Thanks for the contribution, I’ve taken a look and it seems to be correct so I’ve merged it :tada:

As for reviewing the changes:

If you want to run the app locally and review changes then you can follow the “Local Development” guide at the bottom of the guides-source README https://github.com/ember-learn/guides-source/blob/master/README.md#local-development

I usually wouldn’t recommend people to do this if they are making small changes to the guides but if you did want to see something like which lines are rendered as additions/subtractions on that diff then this is a good thing to get setup :+1: