HotDoc is a Melbourne based company, which was founded in 2012. We started out as a humble Online Bookings company, but we’ve since evolved into a Patient Engagement platform, which helps 8m+ patients and 21,000+ health professionals communicate more effectively and build stronger relationships.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer working on the patient-facing products at HotDoc, you will be right in the centre of the action calling the shots! This modern Ember Octane application written in Typescript powers everything our 8 million+ patients across Australia use to manage their health. By joining this productive, inclusive, and talented team, you will have the freedom to experiment and help shape the direction of healthcare in Australia.
- Remote friendly - Anywhere in Australia / New Zealand (with HQ based in Melbourne)
- Engaged manager with weekly 1-1’s to work together and set growth goals.
- Modern codebase with a heavy emphasis on automated code and visual regression testing.
At its core this role involves being a technical leader within the team. As such you will help shape the planning, implementing and release process of our patient-facing product. You will spend your days helping develop and oversee the technical direction on some of our most used patient-facing products. Part of this includes clearly documenting the technical decisions made, and communicating that vision to the rest of the team.
- Discussing, writing, and ultimately owning product features through the use of user stories, implementation plans, and release processes.
- Helping set and execute on the teams Object key Results (OKR’s)
- Using analytics / product data to help inform the technical decisions
- Writing and maintaining automated test coverage
- Conducting peer code reviews
- Contributing to product development discussions within the wider company
- Dipping your toes into the (Rails) backend codebase occasionally to see features through
- Providing application-level support for existing functionality as you become more familiar with the product suit
- 4+ years practical experience in frontend software development (any frontend framework)
- The desire to lead and own technical outcomes
- Experience writing software with complex business requirements / a lot of moving parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working within a team and problem solving collectively
- The desire to mentor or manage junior developers (is a plus, but not required!)
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
You will have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
Your calendar is pretty full here - we have monthly events (think beer tasting, cooking & painting master classes) that you can enjoy from the office or the comfort of your own home & movie nights, book clubs, guest speakers.
Access to a fortnightly fItness subsidies, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.
We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here.
We’re looking to be fairly competitive in the market and our salary range for this role is 120-150k plus superannuation.