Authentication auth0 in Ember

Besides some “old” articles with older versions (pre-octane) of Ember to authenticate with auth0 I am stuck. I tried to “upgrade” it with the Octane cheat sheet but no luck.

Does somebody have an example to authenticate with the Octane version and auth0?

Is there a way to use msal and Azure Active Directory to do the same?

This ember-simple-auth-auth0 addon looks pretty up to date.

Everything I’m seeing in their code examples still works fine under octane.

When I install it I get version errors and this “Using getWithDefault has been deprecated” and errors with fetch:

• router.js:1232 Error while processing route: students.index fetch is not defined - maybe your browser targets are not covering everything you need? Error: fetch is not defined - maybe your browser targets are not covering everything you need?

ember-simple-auth has a peerDependency on ember-fetch. That is probably one of the “version errors” you mention. So yes, you need to add ember-fetch to your app.

As for deprecated getWithDefault, deprecations aren’t errors. That particular deprecation is marked “until 4.0”, which doesn’t even exist yet, so it has plenty of time before it could cause you trouble. If you don’t like seeing the message in the console, you can use ember-cli-deprecation-workflow to manage dealing with deprecations on your own schedule.

1 Like