Can someone teach me?

I’m having some serious difficulty understanding how Ember works in general is there anybody willing to give me some 1 on 1 time to help me get through this?

I could do that sometime, either Skype or Google Hangout. Private message me your contact.

My work email is josh@industrycorp.ca. If we can google chat that would be awesome.

Can we set up a time or something?

First of all, just remember this is a public forum for discussing Ember with the community. No harm in reaching out for help. I’ll message you later on.

^^ best intro resource i’ve found

It is a good resource but I’m not having trouble understanding the high level design principles and how things should be used but I get caught up in stupid things like how to manipulate data when everything is wrapped inside an ember object. I just can’t see raw data!

1 Like

You got this! Keep getting exposure. I’d say I’m a pretty big noob right now, but the following have helped me significantly:

Try scouring the web for resources, here’s one to start with:

If you like learning from books, this is the best book I’ve found personally for learning Ember.

http://bleedingedgepress.com/our-books/developing-an-ember-edge/

Thank you all for these great resources. I was getting frustrated with Ember but I think I’m getting over that now. I just have to throw out all the conventions I’ve used prior and do it the ember way. Sometimes I feel like I’m not even writing Javascript anymore.

@JoshElias If you have any Google Hangout or Skype discussion with @macu on Ember, kindly record it and share it on Youtube for an wider audience to get benefit from it.

1 Like