CIBC’s is looking for an individual with strong hands-on experience with Ember.JS. This will be a 6 month contract opportunity. The role will be located at downtown Toronto, with close access to the TCC subway line. If you are interested, please feel free to email your resume to both:
- Shao Kang Tat, Senior Manager, Development; email@example.com
- Julie Nguyen, Manager, Development; firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply directly through CIBC at this link: https://cibc.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=14019339
Below you will find more details on the role.
Programming Languages and Styles
- Prior experience in application programming using Ruby, Python, Java, Perl, C++, C#, or Objective-C
- Prior experience in application development using desktop frameworks. Cocoa, .NET, WPF, Qt
- Strong understanding of various programming styles: Imperative, Object-Oriented (OOP), Functional (FP), and/or Reactive
- Strong understanding of web development and technologies including HTML5, CSS3 and W3C accessibility standards.
- Experience with jQuery (a must)
- At least one year experience with Ember.js (a must)
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Experience with node.js (grunt, bower, etc…)
- Experience building and/or consuming REST APIs
- Experience with GIT, GITHub, GITLab
Testing Methodology and Frameworks
- Experience with Behaviour Driven-Development or Test Driven-Development
- Experience with Qunit.js, Mocha.js, or Jasmine.js
Application Architecture and Craft
- Strong understanding of design patterns; including observer, composite, and strategy patterns
- Strong understanding of Model-View-Controller paradigm
- Strong understanding of object roles and responsibilities
- Strong understanding of SOLID design principals
- Desire to evolve their programming skills and craft
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where everyone can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.