I want to gauge interest in a project I’m considering building. I’ve been calling it EDRA (Ember Data Rails Auto).
EDRA will generate some of the remaining boilerplate you need to write to get an Ember app working in Rails. It will likely build on what the current ember-rails engine is doing.
Generation will occur dynamically, as Ember does it, as opposed to one-time/scaffold style.
Short Term / Relatively Straightforward Goals:
- Introspect your Rails models and generate Ember Data models, with appropriate attributes and relations
- Generate appropriate router resources and routes for your models/routes, along with any controllers that Ember won’t generate automatically
- Generate the basic setup boilerplate
- Do whatever is required to make testing your Ember app as easy as possible.
Longer Term / Possible Pie in the Sky Goals:
- Investigate possibility of sharing templates between Rails and Ember
- Things the community seems to want
All feedback appreciated.